Monday, April 25, 2011

"I love how much you love me"

when you are a newlywed,
you have periods of time when you're struggling to learn the concept of having your best friend also be your lover and your roommate. when you struggle to grow together and learn together. when you struggle to find enough patience.

and then you have periods of time when you can't believe you're falling in love all over again. when you are surprised and not surprised by the beautiful soulmate you wake up to everyday. when you love the struggles, and growings, and learnings, and lack of patiences.

This was the first year that the Easter holiday really hit home. Not only was I taught about it twice, I also got to teach about it (oh, how great it is to learn from my ten-year old class). I won't bore you with how happy I am just about the meaning of this holiday, but it really was so great.

This Easter, Jeremy surprised me with a pink basket full of chocolates that said "princess" across the front (it's funny because I always tell him that I'm a princess and I should be spoiled) and also with a dozen plastic leopard printed egg hunt. inside each egg was a reason of why he loved me. did anyone ever tell Jeremy that I love surprises? I sure didn't, but he sure figured it out quick.

I couldn't tell you all the reasons why I love Jeremy in a post. I couldn't even tell you all of them in a life time of conversations. It's the way it's so indescribable that makes it so beautiful. I can't wait to grow old, and live in an assisted living with him, half crazy, and still be holding each other all night as we fall asleep. I can't wait to share children with him and watch him be a father. I can't wait to see the look on his face next time I ask him if we can take a picture. I can't wait until I get to tell him "I love you" tonight.

Jeremy alone gives me a billion reasons to be grateful for, and I'm pretty sure I couldn't make it without him.



until next time,
mrs. bodtcher
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. adorable! love the picture. and that jeremy is quite the charmer!

    ReplyDelete