Monday, April 4, 2011

it's celebrating times

So, on sunday, during general conference, I was checking my email, and I saw the subject line, "University of Utah College of Nursing Decision now available" so of course, my heart starting pounding (literally I could feel it about to jump out of my chest, really). whilst this is occurring, I am frantically trying to find my ID to sign in (it's L, and then a ridulcously long strand of numbers), and I'm about to pass out. I'm sitting on Jeremy's lap, and I don't know if he's noticing, and I'm not sure if I really care, and part of me doesn't want to check their decision because I know I will be so so so devastated if I'm rejected, and I don't want everyone to have to feel sorry for me.

so all this is happening, when I finally open the decision link, which says "Dear Nien-Tzu Wu, Congratulations......................." at this point, (as I'm told) I jump out of Jeremy's lap, throw my laptop on him, and start screaming and dancing like a maniac. I WAS ACCEPTED!!!!!! The last two years actually paid off!!!! I had been imagining this moment for what felt like FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really almost cried, but not really. I was just so relieved and happy and everything and infinite. :)

Of course, Jeremy's dad, Randy, had to point out that the letter was sent out on "April 1st," which gave me a second's panic............ but then I got over it. :) but pretty ironic, no? They really should have sent it out a day earlier, or later. But I don't really mind too much! :)


we went to paradaise bakery tonight to celebrate. Jeremy and I use to come here allll the time when we were just young'uns still dating, but now we only come on special nights :) probably, because we're trying to cut down on the eating out business :/ I dressed up, because that's what I like to do; he didn't, because that's not what he likes to do, but we still match up pretty fine :) Anyhow, it's surprising how little it takes for me to fill up on these days, I'm actually quite impressed.


Also, we went walking around petsmart (because we couldn't find the ross, but I swear it was there last time I was in the area) and made a new friend, Nigel. :) everytime we put our finger against the glass, it clawed at us like he was trying to get on our fingers, so sweet! :)

ps. I signed up for it! half-marathon on June 4th. and I'm sure I'm less likely to wimp out because I paid a whole whooping 60 bucks for it too! Really though, running consistently the last three weeks for training has made me feel like a whole new person. I really do love that shaky feeling after you finish a good run, you know what I mean? It's too great that we have our very own treadmill in our home that I can watch the biggest loser and feel motivated to everyday. :)

haha okay, so Melissa says I have too much typing, and not enough pictures, so imma peace out bras! haha

2 comments:

  1. Lana, I love all your writing and all your pictures!
    I wish we could train together for a marathon.. but the snow just wont stop.
    and I am jealous you have a tredmill in your home... that would help so much! lol
    good luck on your run.. and I will have to run it with ya next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I dressed up, because that's what I like to do; he didn't, because that's not what he likes to do, but we still match up pretty fine :"

    love this. and i don't think there is too much writing.

    ReplyDelete