Monday, March 12, 2012

bebemooning in st. george

we love st. george
we love the sun
we love to hike
we love spring break.

so one last time before amelia makes an appearance:

it was a mad race down thursday afternoon to avoid traffic.
in our little prius,
we only used 2 full tanks to drive down and back and all around.
we stayed at a motel that night that jeremy was disgusted by,
and checked out the next morning, 2 days early because he was so furious.
we have our good times.

friday:
we did all the easy hikes, since you know, I'm almost 7 months preggers
zions, lower emeralds pool
showing off the belly.


weeping rock
and how I love waterfalls and my cute man :)

on our way back,
we stopped at a couple antique shops to shop around a little.
I got some cute earrings and a cute pair of heels for 3 whooping bucks!

laying out in the sun.
jer convinced me to go in the pool, which was freezing!!!
and he also got my hair wet a million times
after I asked him not to!

st. george temple
at sunset
and after sunset :)

saturday:
we went to the saturday market at Tuacahn amphitheatre
and looked at overpriced artwork and jewelry and souvenirs.
did end up buying the cutest bows and headpieces for Amelia.
too bad I couldn't get two in every color (so we can match)...
spoiled, I know.

we also went to snow canyon, which was right by the theater
petrified dunes trail

belly is popping out right?
i've had a couple of people prior ask me how far along I am,
but this trip seemed to be filled with strangers asking about my pregnancy.
it was so sweet that everyone was so happy for us!

Pioneer Names:
you can't see the names super well, because jeremy wouldn't let me go up to take the picture.

that night, we went shopping I may or may not have gotten a little spoiled.

sunday:
what a GREAT day to sleep in.
I think I'm always in a better mood when I get to sleep in with the hubby. :)

anywho,
we went to visit the Brigham Young winter home
turns out one of his six wives was named Amelia!

it was a gorgeous home, with a wonderful spirit. :)
the picture on the left is an engraving on the inside of a tree split in half by lightning.
these men doctored it, and it's still growing strong with its two halves!

finally we went on one last hike in zions.
easy peesy riverside walk.
an elderly lady in the restroom told me how she's been on it a million times
and how gorgeous it was and how great it was I was getting some exercise!

um pretty much the coolest tree i've ever seen.

and this was pretty much us on our way home.
I may or may not have became a "little" grouchy and decided to sleep 3/4ths of the way home.
Jeremy was still nice to me and turned on my heated seat so I could stay warm and toasty.

here's to babymooning!

No comments:

Post a Comment