Tuesday, September 16, 2014

25

Dear Scarlett,

My goodness, you are sure active.
kick kick kick kick kick kick rollllllllllllllllllllll kick kick!
I love your sweet reminders!

We have been trying to get Amelia use to the idea of being a big sister-- you know she's an only child right now and doesn't really know what that's like yet? We tell her about you all the time, and how exciting it will be to have a new best friend forever. Last week, we took Amelia to a big sibling class and she had so much fun learning new rules, to change a diaper, swaddle and feed a baby, and where you and I will have a sleepover in the hospital when you come. I think she'll be a great helper when you come!

I've been feeling a little restless these days-- the nesting stage may have hit? I went to home depot and hobby lobby earlier this week to buy materials for a new headboard. I'm hoping it will be completed before the week is over! I'm also knee-deep in plans for a baby shower I'm throwing one of my friends due in November! We have family pictures next week, and I'm not sure our outfits coordinate as well as I would like. Oh, the silly things moms stress about-- Good thing I have you to keep me company at night after Daddy falls asleep!

Last night, I was wide awake while Daddy was in a deep sleep. I made some kissy noises, and Daddy jumped a mile. I snickered a little, and did it again. Daddy moaned and groggily asked "whattttttt..." I couldn't stop giggling. It's moments like these that I'm bursting with happiness and love for your Dad. You'll learn soon that he puts up with a lot and works so hard too!

These weeks are flying by and I can't believe there's only 15 weeks before you're here! 
I love you so much and we can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment