Monday, September 22, 2014

26

Dear Scarlett,

We've been feeling  r e a l l y  good lately, and just in time for fall and all my favorite holidays too! I'm grateful to just enjoy this time, feeling you kick kick away without any claustrophobia! Goodness, I dare say this is my favorite stage of pregnancy. We're trying to get back into regular exercise and healthy eating to make up for the past several weeks, hang in there with me!

The Ogden Temple re-dedication was this Sunday, and although I thought it was a little bit tricky for young families to attend (we had a sweet beehive come watch Amelia), I'm so happy that I got to spend a couple hours with your dad! It was a different feeling, sitting in church like we were newlyweds-- almost felt like a date! Dad and I rubbed each other's backs and were able to really focus on the words and the spirit. I couldn't help but think about you (especially with you turning somersaults...), and how grateful I am that you're joining our family, and how blessed I am I get this family for eternity. I'm truly so thankful we have temples so close. I hope I say that often as you grow up so you really know how important this is to me. It's tricky, because daily distractions often get in the way... But I hope you realize that you are my whole world. And the gospel makes perfect sense with temples and the sealing power and forever families at the center of it. I love you!

I was looking through old pictures this week and came across some bump pictures with my pregnancy with Amelia. I remembered how happy I was and chuckled to myself, thinking I had no idea where this journey would lead me. I scrolled through Amelia's newborn and baby pictures, playing on the floor, in St. George, funny faces, learning to sit up and crawl. My faces in those pictures were round and a bit swollen, and gradually slimmed as Amelia grew, but I was still so happy. I kept scrolling, thinking, "gosh, I really had no idea what was lying ahead of me..." And although I am the happiest I've ever been, I have a strange feeling that I truly have no idea what life is going to be like when you come. I'm sure I'll lose myself in the exhaustion and facilitating Amelia's initiation into big-sisterhood, but I'm also sure I'll be so happy. There will be lots of tears, but I'm sure my heart will be so swollen. I daydream about it all too often.

happy I get to cook you for only another 14 weeks,
loves, mom


1 comment: