Monday, December 15, 2014

38

Dear Scarlett,

I've been having feeling you stretch and kick in four places at once and it feels as if you're running out of womb. We're also contracting so often and so vigorously now, I wonder if I'll miss the onset of labor? Just kidding, I'm sure I'll be able to tell when those real labor contractions kick in! I'm honestly still keeping my fingers crossed for the full 40 weeks! Which is only 13 unbelievably short days away. My goal this week is to wash and fold your laundry, pack our hospital and diaper bags, prepare a few weeks of frozen dinners, and maybe finish decorating your nursery? Gosh, life gets a little busy with a newborn, and I'm sure even more so with a toddler, so I think it's a good idea to be a little prepared. It blows my mind that we didn't make it past 38 weeks with Amelia (38w6d), and you could potentially be here this weekend, or sooner, any minute you decide it's time! Our prenatal appointment last week showed my cervix was unchanged (2 cm/70% effaced), so I believe we have a good chance for a post-Christmas birthday! We are filling up our evenings with Christmas traditions this week: making holiday treats for neighbors, gingerbread houses, visiting Santas, "Tree of Life" in Draper, and of course, my ultimate favorite... tithing settlement. Mommy's friends showered us last Saturday and I honestly can't believe how blessed we are to have so many people who love you already. I can't wait to hold you!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment