Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 for the bodtchers

-Jeremy traded in his white scrubs for a couple of rough weeks of unemployment, before we were blessed with his new job with Envision Home Health and Hospice.
-I gave palliative care to two patients before their deaths, and really decided this wasn't my field.
-Jeremy and I celebrated our fifth Valentine's Day at the temple.
-Amelia made many trips to Home Depot with Dad, which initiated her obsession with the place.
-I was released from my primary calling, and was called to be the Young Women Secretary.
-I finished the Salt Lake City Marathon, exhausted and burnt out. Unbeknownst to me, I was about 3 weeks pregnant.
-Amelia started talking more, understanding more, demanding more, and sleeping less.

-we remembered our Savior on Easter, and Amelia enjoyed her new airplane and egg-hunting at Grandma's.

-I peed on a stick and saw two beautiful lines on Mother's Day. Best Mother's Day ever.
-Jeremy turned 30, and we celebrated with a surprise party with his family.

-we went to Yellowstone for Memorial Day weekend, got away for the first time since Amelia was 4 months old!

-we threw our darling two year old a pirate party for her birthday!
-we finished our basement and signed a one year lease with our renters.
-we got a piece of paper telling us we own both our vehicles.
-we celebrated Father's Day by sleeping in and announcing our pregnancies to our family!
-I interviewed and got a job offer to the IMC Maternity unit.
-Amelia and Bosten took swimming lessons together again for the summer.
-I joined a Ragnar team last minute, ran all three legs, slept uncomfortably in a van, dry heaved a bunch, got a medal and a couple of souvenirs. It was a great experience!
-We celebrated Independence Day faithfully with tradition, and told the whole world we were expecting a baby in December.
-I went to girl's camp with the young women of our ward, and we truly discovered how to Come unto Christ.
-I interviewed and got a job offer to the U's Labor and Delivery unit. I never want to forget how good it felt to know that such a prestigious place wanted me, and I never want to forget how important being a mom is and how important my influence in the home is.

-I started consistently throwing up 2, 3, 4, too many times to count daily and seriously relied on Jeremy throughout my second and third trimester.

-we found out the sex of the baby, and I started dreaming up matching dresses for my girls!

-we fed the ducks of Daybreak Lake often this summer, and Jeremy taught Amelia how to put her arm to good use!

-I ran/walked a half marathon for pioneer day, and we celebrated the evening with the Bodtchers!
-Amelia started preschool at Daybreak Academy and her personality bloomed and vocabulary expanded.
-we went to the Ogden Temple open house before it's re-dedication, and Amelia bellowed out "I love to see the Temple" the entire tour.
-our sleigh bed broke, and Jeremy helped me make a new headboard.
-I finished up orientation and started flying solo as a maternity nurse. It truly is my dream job.

-we went canoeing on Daybreak Lake like 2 minutes before they shut down for Labor Day.

-Amelia found the courage to go the "big slide" by herself, and has never looked back!
-we switched Amelia to a toddler bed because she kept climbing out of her crib. It was followed by probably one of the hardest week of parenthood.
-Jeremy and I celebrated four years of marriage and reminisced how far we have come.
-Amelia brought home her set of school pictures and I about died.
-we went to several pumpkin patches as a family and picked out a perfect little pumpkin at each patch.

-Jeremy sold his final fish tank and solid wood desk so we could transform the office into our new nursery.


-we strolled around the car show on Soda Row and Amelia still asks about it.
-Jeremy repainted our family room and kitchen. And when I say repainted, I mean fixed all the bumps, mudded the holes, sanded them down twice, taped off the ceiling with exceptional care, and retouched the whole place.

-Melissa Jane took our family pictures by Silver Lake and I teared up thinking about the change that will happen by our family pictures next year.

-I threw my first shower for my friend Courtney and baby Harrison. I thought it was a success and I loved that so many women from our ward came to shower her.
-we celebrated my 23rd birthday at Cornbelly's, and I felt truly loved with all my phone calls that day.
-we were Hedwig and Harry Potter characters for Halloween and loved celebrating all week long!
-the combined Young Women and Young Men planned our ward Halloween party, which I considered a slamming success in my books!
-I helped plan and host Young Women in Excellence for the beautiful young ladies in our ward.
-Amelia had her first dentist appointment with Dr. Cottam, and kept giving him her suspicious eyebrows.
-we celebrated Thanksgiving with both families and were thankful for our blessings.
-we planned for all of our Christmas traditions in December, unsure when baby Scarlett would make her debut. we managed to follow through on all including fotofly Santa, temple square, gingerbread houses, holiday treats for neighbors, and zoo lights.
-Jeremy and I celebrated five whole years together.
-we enjoyed Christmas week with our families.
-I finished my last shift as a full time employee on December 28th, exactly 40 weeks pregnant.

-we welcomed baby Scarlett on December 29th with full, grateful hearts. no better way to wrap up an amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment