Sunday, April 15, 2012

31


it's pretty awesome that I get at least one stranger everyday asking me when I'm due.
still a little taken aback though,
just the concept that I'm big enough for everyone to "know for sure"
i always want to psych people out and say, "no, i'm not pregnant... do i look like i'm pregnant?"
just because I think that would be hilarious to see their reaction, ya know?
but I'm always far to excited/flushing with pride/happy that someone asked to remember.
one of these days,
I'm going to mortify some poor soul. :)

i'm loving the attention, and i love feeling her grow;
good comes with bad though.
i'm pretty sensitive to some comments, even though i try to laugh them off.
a nurse at my work said to me,
"you're looking pretty edematous... in your face, and in your hands"
I just gawked at him.
in my head: I'm in nursing school, I know what you really mean!!!!!
(edematous= swelling)
wth?
who says that?

and then poor jeremy has to stand by and let me buy another outfit to make myself feel better.
don't worry, I'm a bargain shopper :)

the best part of 31 weeks is that Jeremy can FINALLY feel everything I'm feeling
every kick, every roll, every push
he actually thinks, "wow, she's moving a lot lately."
um no.
she's just big enough for you to actually feel now.
she's been pretty active from the very beginning. :)
stubborn, with attitude.

sleep: what sleep?
I haven't slept the whole night for a while
it's fine, I take naps
or zone out in phases of exhaustion during the day.
sometimes you can catch me when i'm giggly,
plenty of other times, i'm pretty grouchy.

my house is a giant mess.
part from lack of habitual cleaning,
part from a million half-started crafts I can't complete until school is over,
part from our frantic remodeling before the baby comes.
(ps. master bedroom is now a beautifully painted green :D )
yes, with a capital D smiley face :D

another great thing about 31 weeks
is that we have another doc. appointment this friday!
remember how I mentioned we're down to every two weeks?
we have 3 of these,
and then we're down to every weeks-
only 4 of those!
and that's if our babe doesn't come early!!

isn't that amazing?

ps. diabetes screening= negative
iron test results= not so bright.
but we'll survive. :)


pps. remember how I totally lost nursing school SAC elections last semester
and was totally disappointed,
but pretended I didn't care all that much?
yeah, meet the new VP for 2012-2013.
thaaaaaaaat's right.
me.
:D

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you're talking about with the whole spacing out in phases of exhaustion... and somehow it feels like a mini nap you know? And I had my fair share of "I feel like a whale, I need new, cute clothes" phase ha too funny. You look darling! Can't wait to meet your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) :) :) :) :) VICE PRESIDENT WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! you're just a rockstar!

    ReplyDelete