Wednesday, April 18, 2012

done for a season


oh my. heck.
I never thought this day would come.
I'm so exhausted, my excitement may be a little diminished.

today was my last day of clinicals
(for the semester).
I'm done until next september.
I'm telling you waking up at 4:30 just completely DRAINS your body.

my patient actually went into the OR for surgery today
(hence my blue scrubs and giant vest to protect amelia ray from the live fluroscopy)
maybe a little immature for me to relate everything I saw in there to what I see in grey's anatomy
but yes, of course I wondered if they were all secretly having affairs with one another.
the OR is complete with white walls, huge bright bright lights, and of course ia frEEEEzing cold.
I'm a little surprised as to how well I have adapted to seeing medical procedures.
seeing cuts through the camera
and a ton of blood
and the suction taking care of all of it,
and moving through different pleuras
and removing bones,
etc, etc, etc.

holy gageebizes!
pretty sure it got me excited to be a surgeon
(since how, you know, christina yang is my idol, and also my nickname in clinicals)

one thing the last couple of days did confirm though:
being a surgeon would be cool for a couple of days...
but being a nurse is my dream.
as challenging and long and stressful and hard this semester has been,
clinicals, sim labs, and didactic courses have confirmed my love for nursing.
and really, it's not that bad. I'm just exhausted all the time.

I just love that I can be proud of what I'm doing.


we all went out to eat afterwards in celebration.
VA2- still the cutest little family from last semester
(minus christie & alicia, and plus jason)

afterwards we were walking to the trax station,
when all of a sudden Dan screams out "AH! my bus!"
and literally bolts it down the hill and across the street,
leaving Miriam and Diana and I to laugh our guts out.

I never wanted to forget this hilarious moment,
even though the girls said no one else would get it,
it was kinda a "you had to be there" sorta thing.
Isi called a while later, and I tried telling him the story through my laughing gasps,
Isi says, "wait, so he fell?"
no, but that would have been even more hilarious
Isi: "I don't get it. Why is this so funny?"

No comments:

Post a Comment