Monday, April 2, 2012

being stubborn

true love= waking up in the morning, just happy.
nothing special, nothing exciting going on
just happy to see each other.

we made it up from dreamland, still in each other's arms
that's what his eyes tell me.

true love is bickering about hilarious things and loving each other's stubborn personalities.
(ie. finally asking the home depot salesman where a peephole is, after walking around the store 3 times)
true love is deciding to repaint the molding in your entire house white because your wife convinced you to.
true love is coming home from work to a spotless kitchen and family room, with 3 loads of laundry done (yeah, I got to do that on saturday).
true love is telling your pregnant wife that the baby inside of her is resting her feet on her lungs, getting a nice massage, and that's why she can't breathe at night.
true love is admitting your fears.


and isn't it wonderful that I get to tell you what I share with my husband?
true love is also agreeing to compromise on the journey.
it's not always so easy between the two most stubborn people born to earth.

and maybe that's why we're still so in love.
we won't give up.




 us, as toddlers. Jeremy already as relaxed as can be, and me already as high-strung as possible.
don't you think we would have been great friends?
me, bossing him around? :)

2 comments:

  1. please call me to come paint :) I love it! lol and I seriously love the young pics. I still need to show you the funny home video's of Jer being...Jer! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. that picture of you. is killing me!!!!!! i swear i can read that little girl's mind just by that facial expression. can't wait for amelia to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete