Sunday, April 29, 2012

33


i can't believe another week has flown by.
I feel like this whole pregnancy has gone by so fast,
and it has finally started to slow down this week.

this week has probably been the longest.
also, the most achey, painful sleep-deprived, emotional, and hardest.

Amelia has grown so much, I can feel her in three places at once now.
and she throws crazy fits and tantrums
jeremy bends down right to my tummy and sternly says, "be nice to your mother!"
sometimes she listens,
but most of the time she just kicks harder.
and jeremy cracks up.
really? this is how we are disciplining our children?
everyone already knows that baby girl has him wrapped around her finger.

I also had a few contractions this week.
they're pretty rough.
I laughed at myself for considering childbirth without pain medication.
still, I'm sticking to my plan.
laugh all you want!!

stretch marks also showed up this week.
they're at the bottom of my belly, and also at the top of my thighs.
I was a little devastated
but my friend miriam said,
"mommy badges of honor is what they are! wear them proudly, only we get this privledge!"
very true.
and my sweet baby has been so healthy and growing so perfectly,
i would take stretch marks any day for that.

i've also been really grateful for the position i'm in to be able to support her.
not only are jeremy and i in a safe place financially,
we just bought our home,
we live in a safe neighborhood
i'm one year from graduating,
we have such a great support system in our family and friends.
and we're married and in love.
we are so lucky to have all of these things so we can give the very best to her.
i feel so blessed that I don't feel the I have to compromise the best for her because we weren't ready.
and i am also so thankful that we have had 9 months to get ready for her. :)

I know the next 7 weeks will fly by fast.
everyone has also told me the last weeks are the hardest.
I'm trying to stay positive and focus on how much I love feeling her move.
even though we are all so excited for her to get here,
I'm sure part of me will miss it so badly after I give birth.
until then,
i'm living for her next kick.

2 comments:

  1. You can do it naturally! You are one of the strongest most determined women I know! If you want it, you can do it but if you don't make it don't beat yourself up. I am not going to lie, it hurts so bad you will do anything to get that baby out but then she is out and you can't believe how much you love her and that your love for Jeremy could create a beautiful baby! I also love my girls more than my body and know my stretchmarks mean I have 2 amazing little girls. I can't wait to meet Amelia Ray!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i heard a quote about scars once. it had to do with Christ having scars on his hands to give us eternal life and mothers having scars from pregnancy/childbirth to give physical life. we americans are too weird about bodies anyway and the need for perfection. scars tell stories and perfection is boring. i just love you!

    ReplyDelete