Sunday, April 8, 2012

truly celebrating Easter

How did Jesus Christ die?
What happened to Jesus on the third day after he died?
Where do our spirits go after we die?
What does resurrection mean?
How did the Nephites (who lived in America) know that Jesus was resurrected?
What did Jesus want Nephites to touch the prints of nails in his hands and feet?
What will our bodies be like when we are resurrected?
Why does Heavenly Father want us to have both the Bible and the Book of Mormon?


of course this is going to be a religous post, it's Easter Sunday!!
if you don't know the answer to any of the questions above, feel free to ask the 8 year olds I teach in primary! they've got it down! or, you can email me and ask for a scripture reference :)

today was a wonderful success with my children. I'm pretty sure many teachers wonder if they are actually connecting with their teachees, and if they are actually making a difference in their lives. I've been kind of struggling the last 2.5 months, just praying that I will somehow be able to get through to these sweet angels. today was the first (yes, first!) time I felt like my lesson stuck, like they comprehended more than just that I brought them a treat, like they really understood the resurrection of our savior. ah!

on another note, in celebration of Easter, Jeremy and I both packed a basket for one another. He's never forgotten an Easter basket for me, but this was the first time I packed one for him. :)


sweet thing: we both had a children's books tucked in each other's basket, guess we're stocking up for a baby?

may you have a wonderful Easter, and may you never forget the true reason why we celebrate.

xo.

2 comments:

  1. Darling! We just got new outfits and of course bought our baby a ton of Easter gifts-- even though he is still in the womb....we are all just preparing right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! you got through to them :) stocking up lol :)

    ReplyDelete