Monday, August 15, 2016

a jungle party for scarlett macaw

the month before scarlett's birthday, I was convinced her party would be modest. I still wasn't sleeping much and the pressure of throwing an extravagant party was stressing me out. at family dinner, I expressed this to my cousin, Lauren, who then rolled her eyes in disbelief, reminding me that I do not do small parties. I went home that night and scrolled through pinterest and was completely inspired within a minute.

I designed these invitations that night. I'm still so proud of the pop-up, that amelia loved so much!


I promised myself (and jeremy) that I wouldn't stress myself out, and I didn't! I love designing labels/signs/little details, so I did exactly that, and delegated the rest out! we had costco pizza for dinner, grandma bodtcher made the scarlett macaw cake, my mom made the scarlett macaw dress and hat; drinks, salads, breadsticks were brought by aunts and grandmas. I cut out giant leafs and attached them to brown balloons to make jungle trees for place settings at each table. and although I singlehandedly decorated for 2 hours before the party and cleaned for an hour after, I had the most fun throwing this party for my one year old who won't remember it at all!


(love this picture with grandpa)







(scarlett wanted nothing to do with her smash cake, so her sister and cousins helped her out a bit...)






(a perfect caption would be, "but they're eating all my cake!!!" but she honestly wanted nothing to do with it and was booing to get off the table)


(this picture was sent out on our thank you postcards)

(a little "it's my birthday, and I'll cry if I want to!")


going big for my babies is kinda a big deal to me-- I'm so grateful for the village that helps us and supports us and loves us. xo

1 comment:

  1. Ha-ha! This is adorable! The kids are amazing! I work at a playschool and I am always around such cute kids. Happy birthday to this little one. This theme is so good and different. I really like the costume. I can get these for my kids as well. There is a fancy dress coming up in a venue NYC.

    ReplyDelete