Wednesday, August 17, 2016

He is risen


(easter egg hunt at grandma allred's the week before easter-- so rare that my girls are both looking at the camera, let alone smiling!)




(my parents did a cute little hunt for the girls as well They used hard-boiled eggs, which my girls loved just as much! amelia loved helping peel the shell and scarlett loved splashing the water in the basin. I have loved watching my parents become grandparents and the way they interact with my babies, we're so blessed to have them!)

I worked the night before easter, and purchased a few goodies from walmart right about midnight. as I was setting the basket up, amelia came stumbling out of her room mumbling... I'm not sure how seriously she believes in the easter bunny or santa claus since we try not to focus on these characters, but it's always fun leaving the girls a little gift.





(great segway into the our empty tomb lesson)

(and like all my lessons, it was short and sweet, and the girls ended up with something they thought was more exciting... but I'm sure they retain it! it was amelia's 4th easter, and she was able to tell her sunbeam teacher that it was mary magdalene who saw jesus first.)



(sunday dinner with the bodtchers)






(it's not that we have a favorite child, it's just that the other child runs too fast for quality pictures)


(grandma bodtcher goes a little nuts over her hunt... each grandkid got to get 25 eggs!)


(oh scarlett, just having a hard time)


I love Jesus, and I'm so grateful for what he has done for us. I'm grateful my children feel protected and loved by their savior, I love His presence in our home. I love celebrating His resurrection, and I'm so grateful for the knowledge of the gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment