Wednesday, August 17, 2016

mother's day


amelia brought home a wrapped mother's day gift from preschool on thursday. she was very serious about me not opening it until sunday, the actual mother's day. she held strong all afternoon and evening, not even telling me what was inside. however, by friday, she cracked... and asked me to open her gift. it was a sweet magnet for me fridge and a darling card, and she was so please with herself.

she helped daddy and scarlett pick out my mother's day flowers and chocolate while I worked on saturday night as well. she woke me up sunday morning and yelled "IT'S MOTHER'S DAY! YOUR FLOWERS ARE BY THE PIANO! COME SEE!" and I was so excited and happy. it was around this time that our family seriously discussed the difference between secrets and surprises, because we have no secrets in our family.


I am so grateful to be a mother. I do not take it lightly or for granted. I am well aware of the struggle of infertility that so many women face, that break so many hearts; and I will never forget it. I get up every day to nurture, and I dedicate my entire purpose to mother them. I have bad days, and I yell and cry and say the wrong things and lose my patience often, but I try my best. I think about where I can do better and I get up the next day and try my best again. motherhood is all the confusing feelings and emotions and it's so incredibly lovely and difficult at the same time.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment