Thursday, May 3, 2012

proof

i know we moved into our home last november,
and i still haven't posted any pictures.
i truly have been insanely busy,
mainly with school and work and growing a babe.

anyway, i finished my last final yesterday
and had a huge surge of energy to get things accomplished.
seriously, i cleaned a huge hunk of my house,
and got started on making our home actually looking like one.
it's kinda a work in progress
but I promise more pictures will come.


this is in the front room, where we have a red wall,
beautiful couches my parents gave us as a housewarming gift,
and after jeremy repaints,
we will put my old piano in,
along with a wingback chair I am going to reupholster with red&white paisley material!!


this banner is above our kitchen sink,
a room where we have a ton of projects to work on:
hanging our pot hanger from the ceiling over the kitchen island,
repainting our table legs, chairs and benches,
repainting our garage door and patio door blue <3,
hanging our flatscreen,
and getting our office finished, so I stop using this space as my work area!


this wall is also in our kitchen,
mirroring the banner and our sink.
the room to the right is the master bed.
I did this wall last Christmas break (it was about the only thing I did ha!)
the top left sign says "write your hurts in sand, carve your blessings in stone"
which is a beautiful way to life, i'm working on it.
bottom left is a shadow box with tickets (movies, games, trax, etc) that Jer and i have gone to together.
it doesn't really match the blue theme we've got going on in the kitchen/family room,
but I still like it. :)


this is the master bedroom!
Jeremy has worked so hard painting our rooms
he is such a perfectionist that it takes forever to get the walls mudded and sanded.
he also has repainted our ceilings and molding white
before he adds the pretty colors
and seriously! such a big difference in the rooms he's repainted.
we just finally moved back in here last night!

anywho, just a picture of our side wall that I want to fill up with frames.
pretty much a shrine of our marriage. :)

we still need to:
hang curtains,
find an orange ruffle bedspread (suggestions?)
convince the hubby to put up shelves with orange ankle brackets,
and we're done!! with one room, at least :)


I made this for our master bed.
no idea why I'm obessessed with cute patterns for wastebaskets,
but here we are!

Jeremy has also repainted our master bath, which is a beautiful shade of light(er) green :)


this is in my walk-in closet,
right next to our shower :)
love this idea to hang/differentiate towels,
even though we share all the time. :)

anyways, i'm thinking of posting pictures from start to finish
of before and after for each room in our house.
............when we finish.
haha.

the great thing about summer vacation is all this time to get things accomplished!!!
the downside is that i've got a little ball in front of me sucking up all my energy.
who needs to work out when you're cleaning/decorating the house, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment