Saturday, May 12, 2012

35


dear amelia ray,
everyday brings us closer and closer together.
which is strange, because there is nothing except a placenta between us.
it's finally may,
we've made it through school
and now it's just the waiting game.

we've enjoyed some pleasant days off together...
kind of.
I don't like sitting still,
and you don't either, it seems.
we're also a little too uncomfortable to be patient enough with delicate crafts
and running errands seem to get us way too winded.
your kicks are becoming quite painful,
and I feel like we both agree you're running out of womb. :)

stretch marks are growing too.
bigger, and in other areas of my body.

the only thing we've been really enjoying is gwackamoley.
kind of, again.
we first had it at aunt collette's graduation party...
ate ourselves sick.
and your uncle travis insists on making more "for his niece"
we're spoiled.
except I have no self-control,
and I've had gwack 4 different times in the last week.
and your daddy thinks we need to take it easy (as if)
I guess it won't take you long to figure out who the real adult is out here.

on wednesday,
we oriented the new accelerated program for nursing school
(part of student government duties)
those kids are on top of the game!
the college of nursing has an official stance on no working while in the program,
and they unoffically tack on, don't get married, and don't have a baby in the program.
oh man, we dropped the ball on some of those, didn't we?
always rebelling, you'll get that from me.

your aunt collette also threw us a gorgeous shower on friday,
because she already loves you so much!
but more on that (with pictures too!) later.

remember how I said we were ready for you in week 34?
well this week I washed all your 0-3 months clothes
and packed our hospital bag
and thought about putting in your carseat base.
baby steps.
we're still getting ready, it seems.

mother's day is just around the corner
and I can't help but think of all life lessons I want to teach you,
and the little things too:

I hope you love yourself for the beauty you have on the inside.
and I hope you will know you are beautiful on the outside (without makeup) too.
truly.
I hope you respect others and respect yourself.
I hope you have the work ethic of your grandparents.
I hope you have the sense of humor to laugh into your old age.
I hope you can't wait to tell me about all your dates, ridiculous ones and wonderful ones.
I hope you find a husband that treats you like your father treats me.
I hope you have children of your own.
I hope for great things for you,
like I've never dreamed for myself.
I hope you get everything you want in life.

and I hope you know how much I love you.
and that you make me a better person, constantly.
and I love myself more, since you've come into existance.



dr. thackery only lets his patients carry their babies 1 week past their due date.
so that's it:
6 weeks tops.

and we've got so much longer together,
so really, what's the rush?
I keep telling myself anyway...

2 comments:

  1. She is going to love reading this when she gets older. You are already such a cute mom.

    ReplyDelete