Saturday, May 26, 2012

37


dear amelia ray,
we made it to full term!
this means you should come out to meet me, and daddy, and everyone else who loves you!
hopefully this is the last week to week update. :)

we had a doctor's appointment on monday
I was dilated to a 2 and 70 percent effaced!
we are progressing so well!
dr. thackery says that he will check us again next wednesday, "if you don't come before then!"
honestly, I was hoping you would come out thursday night
(we were having some patterned contractions out here!)
but now you have to stay in for the weekend,
because dr. thackery is on memorial weekend vacation!!!
ahhhhhck!!

your daddy has been grateful for every extra day you stay in,
since he's been frantically trying to finish our painting project.
he works so hard because he loves you.
he's even letting your grandparents come to help him on memorial day!

we're also having some panicky dreams out here.
our birth plan is to just have daddy and I present for your birth,
the last couple of nights I've been dreaming of literally everyone coming to visit during labor.
extended family, friends, strangers I meet at the store
your dad has woken up to me screaming "seriously!! get out of my room!!!"
and everyone will just have conversations over me!
it's giving me anxiety, darling.

this week when your dad was soothing you in our bed,
you kicked his hand three times hard.
"three times for i love you"
we are so ready to hold you and kiss you and love you.

xo,
mommy

2 comments:

  1. ""seriously!! get out of my room!!!" it's giving me anxiety, darling."
    I died.

    -your friendly neighborhood creeper

    ReplyDelete