Friday, May 11, 2012

our love garden, week 1


I've wanted to grow my own garden for about forever now,
and this year we're finally getting around to it.

since we live in daybreak,
a community that only allows gardens in shared planter boxes,
we're sharing a garden at Jeremy's parents' home.

Jeremy and Travis have been tilling for a couple of days.

and Jer and I went to pick out some plants from glover:



checking out strawberries,
which we think we're going to build a secret planter box in our backyard for.
shhhh don't tell the daybreak police.


we have:
green and red bell peppers, tomatoes (a butt ton, including roma, for my gwackamoley!), cucumbers, pumpkins, watermelon. 


jeremy finishing tilling, while I was inside reading.


if you haven't met duke,
he's kinda huge.
and he slobbers a lot when he likes ya. :)



Jeremy raking the soil smooth,
and Randy and I digging holes for our million tomato plants


Jer and I patting the soil in.

there's something about planting a garden as a family that I have always loved.
my parents did it every year when I was growing up
and I just think it's so dang romantic to do with your husband.
I'm so excited to go weed every week and mark our progress.
I'm so excited to watch our plants grow and mature
and harvest our hard work.

this summer is just going to be great. :)


hello to week 1!


ps. did you know that "yolo" means "you only live once"??
I feel like that old person that doesn't know what "lol" means.
geez! it's only been 3 years since high school!

No comments:

Post a Comment