Sunday, May 31, 2015

may for the bodtchers


scarlett and her faces. also, we love pretending she has hair when we get her in her jammies// "mom, can we just hold hands without you taking a picture?"//selfie // oh, did I mention someone crashed into our terrain? it was suuuuch a mess dealing with the other party and their insurance, but thankfully nobody was hurt and we had a sweet lady that stopped and offered herself as a witness// amelia doing my hair... yikes!// "holy poly!!!!!!!"// millie girl helping me bring dinner to a sister who just had a baby. I'm grateful for opportunities to serve, and opportunities to teach my children about service// this girl's face when "shake it off" is playing.


reptile time at the South Jordan library... amelia was terrified of all displays and refused to touch any of them// make-shift storytime// jeremy and I had love and logic parenting classes for date night three weeks in a row// trying again @ zoo-mania at the Herriman library// amelia kept asking for a horse, but unfortunately there was only a parrot, giant bunny, huge dog, iguana, snake, tortoise, etc. etc. geez, what a disappointment// amelia braving-up and giving the animals some love ////


I just adore their sisterhood, how they always smile and laugh together!// these little braids just melt me// found bird poop on her slide and told her to give me her "yuck" face// selfie// I love staring at their sleeping faces// criss-cross was the hardest hair-do attempt I ever made, and it came out before naptime... ummm???// giving her babies a little spin...


at the Payson Temple open house// amelia was such a sweetheart, loving the temple, wanting to get baptized in a font, married in the sealing room. maybe all my talking doesn't fall on deaf ears??// the last picture of scarlett with a paci, yup... at 4.5 months!// I asked big sister what she thought about the nickname "lettie" and she said, "lettie spaghetti!?" and we love it!// second time on the ferris wheel at Scheel's, could have been her first!// scarlett watching the ferris wheel... the best!// millie girl carrying her church backpack backwards?// selfie! (bet you didn't see that coming)


thought we could include Scarlett since she wasn't napping// loves these babies as much as millie does// cruising on her balance bike with her feet as high as she can get them//watching the crazy rain with daddy// "bunny ears" (we're working on it)// "make a kissy face!"


we have fun// scarlett anne + her smiles// I was wearing scarlett while cooking lunch, and she grabbed the pan and got these second-degree burns. I panicked and soaked her hand in lavender oils and gave her tylenol and nursed her while I bawled// her pediatrician comforted us, ordered for antibiotics, and got this cute wrap on that lasted for about 3 minutes... all around an emotional mommy day for me// finished our love & logic class and got our licenses to parent, yo! (kidding)// these glasses totally make all of us look cooler//


(this gap right here^ is making me crrrrrrrray-cray)

amelia and her style, gets me every time// this birthday cake// rough days lately. went on a run to the lake, crossing a bridge, a slow song came on, and this giant shooting star fell out of nowhere, like God saying, "it's going to okay."// oh, did I mention that our prius' battery died? and the girls and I drove jer around for the second half of his work day? it was rough, but I just kept looking and cracking up at this picture of my scarlett// breakfast time with these girls// just matching hair-dos, no biggie// i ordered a basket for amelia's bike last month and it was wayyy too gigantic. she's been needing a little something to tote her smoothie + chalk around, and it's not like I have a lot of extra hands. ready for an instant bike basket tutorial? cheap basket with holes ($2) + 3 zip ties (87 cents for a pack of 20). I bet you can figure out the instructions. you're welcome.



a year and a half ago, I sold my double jogging stroller. I was bitter and sad about it. One random day at the park, I was talking to a mama with two boys... and a double jogging stroller... yes, the very same one I had sold so long ago! it was a sweet reminder that this world is small, and blessings come, and God is everywhere// oh, just me and my splint for my de quervain's tenosynovitis, nothing to see here// out on a walk with with sleeping scarlett and my one-antennaed bumblebee// first swim day of the summer!// jer got all the weed barrier down in our flower beds, now we just need the dripline and the rocks, and we are done with the yard!// rocking on the front porch one evening, amelia hands jeremy her baby and asks, "daddy will you feed rose?" j: where's the bottle? a: no, with your boob! (oh he is such a good daddy)// sunday dinner with my parents, they just love the girls so much// watering our tomato plant for the first time (it's been raining most of may!)


may was rough on us, but also beautiful in it's own way.
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment