Wednesday, May 27, 2015

memorial day 2015











I crave to make holidays meaningful for my children. Fun, exciting, memorable. I haven't been feeling myself, but I tried so hard for Memorial Day. Jer and I (mostly Jer) hung our flag the night before. The girls and I spent most of the day outdoors: bike rides + sidewalk chalk. It was truly such a beautiful day! We did our grocery shopping after naps and Jer had gotten home from work, ran into my visiting teachee (with whom Jer got confused with my nurse manager that we had ran into a while ago bah!). Jer grilled beef/veggie burgers for dinner while Amelia and I baked cookies for a couple of veteran families in our ward. We all stuffed our faces and ended the evening with a walk around the neighborhood delivering our treats! Maybe when the girls are a little older we can do another bike parade to listen to the veterans speak again? Until then, I guess a little act of service will do.

ps. maybe you wondered why Amelia is wearing two different shirts in these pictures? My girl changes her outfit multiple times a day, no big deal!


memorial day 2014
memorial day 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment