Sunday, May 31, 2015

5/31//


I'm not going to lie, I don't have a huge spiritual message to share today. I took Amelia to the bathroom when we sustained members into new callings, I nursed Scarlett during sacrament, and then rocked her to sleeping during an entire talk. When I finally sat back down, I wanted to cry and I wanted to leave. I just felt emotionally drained as I tried to remember what was said about "keeping the Sabbath day holy." I sat there after the meeting ended, just trying to will myself to go to the remaining two meetings. A dear sister came up to me with her daughters (whom I loved from young women's), she told me: every time she hears a baby cry in sacrament, she remembers how much she misses this stage of motherhood. She told me she knows it is so hard, but this time will pass quickly. (Amelia is crawling all over me, I'm holding both girls, and I'm totally bawling at this point) She told me I am everything to these girls, their whole world; that one day they will listen to their friends more than they listen to me. She told me that I was doing a great job, and my girls knew it. She and her girls gave me (us) a hug, and I was so grateful this sweet moment that I needed.

it's so hard, but it's so good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment