Sunday, July 20, 2014

16

dear baby scarlett,

what an eventful week for us! our original ultrasound appointment was cancelled last minute... but we were lucky enough to schedule a "gender check" at jordan river women's health clinic for the very same day. we found out you were a baby girl, and we couldn't be more excited! I was convinced you were a boy, because I wanted another baby girl so bad. Daddy is feeling a little outnumbered, but we can't wait for all the fun you'll bring to our family. big sister Amelia is already saying "I love you baby Scarlett" and I hope you know how true that is... I can't wait for the two of you to be the best of friends! 

this week, we also started our new job on the mom-baby unit (where we'll actually stay for a few days when you come to us this december!). a total of 40 hours made for four very long days for us, but I'm so happy to be working with those sweet babes that still smell fresh from Heaven. they make me feel a little closer to you. Daddy is busy finishing up our yard, so we can start working on your nursery. sometimes I still can't believe you're actually on your way. the ultrasound tech measured you, and your head and length indicated you were exactly the right size-- right up to the day: 16w3d. sounds pretty solid to me! I don't think I'll ever stop saying this-- I'm so grateful to be growing you, I'm so grateful I get to be your mom.

I love you forever and ever,
Mommy

2 comments: