Saturday, July 5, 2014

mothers' day, in more detail

On Sunday, May 11th, I awoke bright-eyed and excited.
Jeremy Ray was not in bed next to me, which meant he was ensuring Mother's Day surprises were in perfect order.
I snoozed and took my time getting ready.
Of course, every awaiting detail was lovely-- the house was beautifully clean (Jer had even scrubbed the stove-- my least favorite job), a jade plant for our home, a grape tomato plant for my garden, and traditional fresh flowers that I love; dr. pepper, ferrero rocher, and of course, a lovely card from "Amelia" with all the words a mother needed to read about herself.

I sat down to breakfast, scrambled eggs that Jeremy had made.
After forcing the bite down, I turned to my honey,
"I love you, and your cooking is delicious, but I'm going to vomit."
I definitely felt sorry for myself. I had been nauseated and exhausted for weeks. I had started my first round of  progesterone two weeks previously, and was awaiting my menstrual cycle to start my first round of clomid. The stress from "trying" and feeling out of control of my emotions and physical symptoms of my body was overwhelming.
I had planned on toughing it out for church, as I was convinced it was going to be g r a n d  on Mothers' Day!
Until I started dry heaving over the toilet five minutes before we were going to leaving.
I heard Jeremy in the kitchen...
"uh oh, Millie, guess we're not going to church!"

I spent all day on the couch, trying not to breathe too much.
Amelia would bring me my water bottle every so often.

We visited our moms in the afternoon/evening.
I tried to eat enough, but not too much.
We went home.

I checked my cycle calendar.
1 week "late," but nothing to be too excited about.
I figured it couldn't hurt to take a test, especially one of my 88 cent walmart tests.
I figured it couldn't hurt, since I was awaiting my period to start anyway, and I would start clomid, and get pregnant the next month.
I figured a negative wouldn't be so bad.
I peed.
instant positive
Talk about the b e s t  Mothers' Day ever, right!?

Sheer joy ran through my veins and heart and soul.
"Jeremy! I think you should look at this test!"
Jeremy's response? "does this mean you're pregnant!? how long have you even been nauseated for!?"
ha! I love him. somuch.
We knelt down on our knees and thanked our Heavenly Father to be blessed with this responsibility. again.
I bawled. I laughed. I screamed a little.
I couldn't sleep.
I took another test at midnight.
Seriously, the best best joy.
I could burst from happiness.

2 comments:

  1. Just read all your posts about your growing baby! Once again, soo happy for you =D Amelia is going to be the sweetest big sister! And what a perfect day to find out you're pregnant! Aside from the morning sickness =( Boo! Can't wait to read along through your journey and find out the gender! I hope Amelia gets a little sissy but a little brother would also be perfect! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh truly, truly-- the best best!!! so happy for you

    ReplyDelete