Sunday, July 6, 2014

ragnar wasatch back


I was invited last minute to run Ragnar Wasatch Back (June 26th and 27th) with a bunch of people I didn't know. Then, very last minute I was switched to be Runner 2 in Van 1 to run 8.9, 3.2, and 3.6 miles for my three legs. Looking back, the stars aligned to make this the best possible experience a preggo lady could have. I ran at 8 in the morning, 8 at night, and 8 in the morning again for my legs-- optimal running times. My team was so sweet and let me sleep through the night, and eat whenever I needed to. My friend Kelly, had brought over a leg roller and icy hot to use the whole time I was riding between legs. I was so sore in between my runs, but the day after... nothing! It was like Ragnar never even happened! Part of me still can't believe I pulled out almost 9 miles for my first leg and still survived! (I've been taking it really easy since I found out I was pregnant!)

Of course I had to get souvenirs for my family (and of course it cost a fortune...). I got Jer a beanie, Amelia a t-shirt, and baby a onesie. I can't believe I'm already buying things for this baby... still a little surreal for me! I'll admit: I did get a little homesick for my babes and spent a ton of time scrolling through my pictures and videos.

Such a great experience, I'm so glad I committed!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment