Monday, October 27, 2014

30

Dear Scarlett,

This week has been amazing and fast-paced!

On Monday, we spend all morning prepping for a baby shower we were hosting. That evening, we went pumpkin picking at Schmidt's farm and walked around the temple for family night. Dad and I tagged teamed making spaghetti and red lobster biscuits for dinner, and I realized it will never cease to amaze me how quickly the dishes pile up. Dad didn't get any calls for work, and it was a perfect evening!

On Tuesday, Amelia and I went on a short morning walk, enjoyed toddler time at library, and saw our playgroup friends at Firmont Park. It was a perfect morning for this routine-loving mama who got to check everything off her to-do list. While Amelia napped, we cleaned our bathrooms, floors, kitchen,.. you know, all the high traffic areas that guests might see? Dad came home and we went to get the perfect little play kitchen for Amelia (and you) for Christmas. Daddy and Amelia went to Grandma's and we hosted a shower for a friend and her baby boy due in less than three weeks!

Wednesday was my birthday-- and I realized how much I love that I've grown both of you sweet girls in my tummy through my birthday. We celebrated with a little shopping spree in the morning, lunch with Katie and Caleb Bachman, pedicure with Jenna, glucose test and 30 week appointment with Dr. Thackeray, and Cornbelly's and a birthday dinner with Dad and Amelia. I'm the luckiest girl to have my favorite people in my life.

On Thursday, we had sometimes pretty grand plans. Grand plans that included driving to Utah Valley to visit the Anderson girls, and picking up your new crib and ordering your crib mattress. Well motherhood is all about being flexible, and I knew we'd struggle as soon as Amelia woke us up at 6:30 am. We didn't go down to Utah Valley, and instead the Anderson girls came up to us! (we just love them too much, and wish they lived a wee bit closer so playdates could be more frequent) We also didn't get your crib or crib mattress, maybe next week? Amelia and us took (tried to take) a nap in the afternoon, and we went into work that evening.

And Friday evening.
(On which we also found out that my/our sugar levels are great, but iron levels are way low again. I think it's incredible that you take everything you need to grow healthily, and all I need to do is supplement!)
And we were suppose to work Saturday evening.
(Instead we spent the entire day projectile vomiting and sleeping. Dad took care of us and No-Nap Amelia all day, and I stressed about calling in sick and using my PTO hours I wanted to save for when you come. In the end, we ended up staying home to gear up to work the next evening.)


And that's pretty much a wrap for week 30. We've been extra queasy and vomitous this week. I'm not sure why, maybe a less busy week for 31 will help? Coupled with lots of Braxton Hicks, some sleeping discomfort and insomnia has made this entire situation unfortunate. Needless to say, I'm thrilled we only have 9 weeks left before you're here!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment