Monday, October 20, 2014

family of three for the last time
























You know how family pictures are a little stressful? My day-to-day life is silly and wonderful and beautiful and I just wish those moments could be captured, but you know, dressed up style. Amelia is wearing her cousin, Remy's cardigan, Jer is wearing brand new pants we got at the beginning of the year for a job that fell through, and I was so self-conscious about anything looking good on my baby bump, We planned for Amelia to have a nap right before pictures, and she woke up with a nice little blowout all the way up her back and hair 5 minutes before we were leaving. We drove 30 minutes up to silver lake, took pictures for 7 minutes before the sun dipped behind the mountains. This couple take engagement pictures? came right to our spot and started snapping pictures next to us, Amelia whined and kept running away from the camera, Jeremy kept trying to keep her from eating the weeds, I was contracting the whole time. Honestly, I was just worried we all looked like a hot mess.

We got pictures back yesterday, and aren't they just beautiful? A lot of the candids are better than the posed, but I've always like candids better anyway. I'm grateful to have photos that showcase my family in our slew of silly, happy, giggly, playful, serious moments, just how we are. I love them so much it hurts. And part of me still can't believe there will be another little baby in pictures next year! Thanks Melissa for capturing us for 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment