Tuesday, October 28, 2014

turning 23


For the first time in my life, I felt like I was getting old. I know it sounds weird, but somehow time feels like it's slowing down and not just racing through my soul anymore. It's a strange feeling, and surely I shouldn't waste my time trying to verbalize this?

I had the best birthday and was spoiled all day long! Amelia went to school early, so lonely old me went on a shopping spree. I started with Ross to look for a birthday dress, instead I got a shirt and a new diaper bag for round two. I strolled into Target and got a mug for $2.50 (I love monogrammed items), hazelnut chocolate, and a gift for someone else. And then I just spent the rest of the morning strolling around and getting lost in my thoughts. Katie came to pick me up for lunch at Thai Basil (my pick!), and gave me the best birthday surprise in the world (you'll have to wait to see what it was though). Jenna and I met for a nice pedi at JC nails and enjoyed girly time and massages for an hour (funny how much you can talk without little two year olds!). I had a lovely glucose test and cervical exam for my 30 week appointment (still undilated, thankfully!) with Dr. Thackeray. I went home to find Jeremy had already picked up Amelia and sunflowers, and more chocolate. Also, Amelia came up to me with a cute little turquoise and red box and yelled, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMY! AND CAKE TOO?" I've been telling Jeremy I wanted a gold watch for a while (like a fake gold watch, right?) Seriously, this dude never goes cheap, and he always hides the price tag because he knows it makes me sick. :/ So I open this box, and it's the prettiest gold watch I've ever seen in my life. Gosh.

We spend the evening at Cornbelly's and watched Amelia love every single wooden playset, get her face painted (Jer wanted me to get mine done too), love everything fair style (except when she made me carrying through the 700000 mile long corn maze). We were freezing and so so tired by the time we left for dinner at Zupas (my pick again). Ah man, we forgot to got the créme brulée, maybe next year! We ended the night at home with ice cream cake (my request). Amelia was so SO excited to help me blow at my candles and try some cake herself (I'm pretty sure that's the only reason why she's excited for other people's birthday...)

Golly, a packed full perfect day with some pretty perfect people. My parents gave me a fleece sweater and too much birthday money, and my other parents gave me a sweet card and too much birthday money. I was texted/called all along the way too, and just felt grateful to be alive and loved. Thank you from my bottom of my heart!!

ú





No comments:

Post a Comment